Just like everything else, there’s an app for fitness and nutrition to keep you on the right track. And believe it or not, your iPhone can help you get in shape and maintain a healthy lifestyle and at a cheaper price than a trainer or nutritionist. There are a number of apps in the App Store that are available to anyone who wants to better their mind and body, but we’ve compiled a short list of 5 apps that are great for fitness and nutrition.
Choose your favourite and you’ll be on your way to a better, healthier you, and a happier 2016!
These apps can be downloaded on the iPhone or an Android. However, if you plan on taking your work out on the road, whether you are travelling for business or leisure, an unlocked iPhone will allow you to use your data and the app while travelling abroad. To unlock your iPhone using the IMEI number, choose a reliable unlocking service.
- Lose It is an app that consolidates your workout journal and food diary into one. It has an extensive food library to log all your food and their nutritional value as well as your daily exercise. This app is based on calorie tracking and peer support. Use the app to customise a a weight loss plan that suits you and your lifestyle.
- NutritionTips is full of fun nutritional facts that will keep you going all day long. Each of these facts teach you something that is beneficial to your health and something that you can begin to implement into your daily life. It’s great when you’re planning meals or your grocery shopping list.
- RunKeeper Pro offers a tracking system to runners, hikers, skiers and cyclists. It uses GPS technology to track your route and speed and then uploads your data to the RunKeeper site. This is one of the simplest apps to improve fitness and reach those weight loss or training goals. With this app you can keep track of where you run, how long you run, your speed and much more.
- GymGoal ABC will teach you the ins and outs of weightlifting. There are 280 exercises with animations and written instructions and adjustable levels of expertise. Customise your workouts to match your level. Schedule your work outs to stay on track and calculate your nutrition goals. Get the most out of your weight training with this app.
- iFitness offers more than 230 exercises that are sorted by body regions and muscle groups in addition to instructional videos that teach you form. You can add and edit custom exercises as you wish and work out with 12 routines that were created by fitness experts. It’s a paid app but you won’t regret your purchase. This app will accommodate your workout if you don’t have equipment available or if you prefer to focus more on cardio for the day.
Your iPhone is made to simplify your life in every possible way and what better way to do that than to continue to get your daily workout while keeping things cost-effective and in your own time? These fitness and nutrition apps can be downloaded to your phone and used whenever, wherever. Each of these apps have their different perks and some may suit your schedule and lifestyle better. Test one out to determine if it’s best for you – and remember – if one doesn’t work, another probably will! With so many options the possibilities are virtually endless. Just keep in mind that some apps might require data so having an unlocked iPhone is beneficial when travelling abroad. Allow the power of technology to help you on your way to a healthier lifestyle.